|Cuisine: North African||Prep Time: 15 minutes||Calories/Serving: 304|
|Course: Main dish||Cook Time: 30 minutes||Level: 2/3|
|Servings: 4||Total Time: 45 minutes||Healthiness: 3/5|
Low-fat doesn’t have to mean meatless. Make this yummy bulgur and pomegranate salad with spiced turkey and see what I am talking about. Lean turkey is marinated and baked in parcel to retain all of its juices. Moist and spiced, this low fat turkey is the perfect addition to this fresh and zesty jeweled bulgur salad.
- 1 tbsp Harissa Paste
- 1 pound (450 grams) skinless and boneless Turkey Breasts
- 2 tbsp White Wine
- Juice and Zest of 1 Lemon
- ½ Cucumber, diced
- 9 ounces (about 250 grams) uncooked Bulgur
- 2 Tomatoes, chopped
- 4 ounces Pomegranate Seeds
- 2 tbsp chopped Mint
- 2 tbsp chopped Parsley
- 2 tbsp chopped Dill
- Preheat your oven to 350 F or 180 C degrees.
- Place the harissa paste in a bowl. Add half of the lemon juice, half of the lemon zest, and half of the chopped herbs. Whisk the mixture to combine well.
- Wash the turkey breast and pat dry with some paper towels. Place it in a bowl. Pour the harissa mixture over and rub it into the meat well. Cover the bowl and let marinate for 15 minutes. If you want to have soft and juicy meat, do not place it in the fridge to marinate, since baking cold meat forces the meat to cook unevenly and lose its moist.
- On your kitchen counter, lay out a large sheet of foil. Place the marinated turkey breast on top of the sheet of foil. To the bowl with the marinade, add the white wine. Whisk to combine and pour the juices over the meat (Do not worry. The foil will hold everything trapped inside). Immediately place another sheet of foil over the meat, then fold the edges and crimp to seal well.
- Place the turkey ‘packet’ on a baking dish and into the preheated oven. Bake for 30 minutes.
- While the turkey is cooking, prepare the salad. Cook the bulgur following the instructions on the package. Drain the cooked bulgur and transfer to a large bowl. Add the remaining lemon juice, zest, and herbs, as well as the chopped tomatoes, cucumber, and pomegranate seeds, to the bowl with bulgur. Mix with a spoon to combine the mixture well.
- When the turkey is cooked, unwrap it, and let cool slightly until safe to handle. Slice the turkey and place the slices on top of the salad. Pour the cooking juices over the salad. Serve and enjoy!
Nutrition per Serving:
- Calories – 304
- Total Fat – 9 g
Saturated Fat – 1 g
- Total Carbohydrate – 23 g
Fiber – 4 g
Sugars – 7 g
- Protein – 41 g
Passion Fruit and Mango Roulade
|Cuisine: Western||Prep Time: 40 minutes||Calories/Serving: 223|
|Course: Dessert||Cook Time: 30 minutes||Level: 2/3|
|Servings: 6||Total Time: 70 minutes||Healthiness: 2/5|
Rich in amazing ingredients and extraordinary flavors, this creamy mango and passion fruit roulade will bring an exotic spirit to your home from the minute you will start making it. So yummy and irresistible, you will not believe that this roulade is low in fat and free of gluten, which is a perfect complement to your collection of healthy recipes. Serve with a scoop of low fat vanilla ice cream for an even creamier treat.
- 1 Large Mango, peeled and diced
- 4 Passion Fruits, the pulp only
- 7 ounces (about 200 grams) fat-free Yogurt
- 1 tsp Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1 tsp Malt Vinegar
- 1 tsp Corn Flour
- 6 ¼ ounces (about 175 grams) Caster Sugar
- 3 Egg Whites
- Raspberry Sauce, for serving
- Preheat your oven to 300 F or 150 C degrees. Line a Swiss roll pan with parchment paper; set aside.
- Place the egg whites in a mixing bowl. Beat with an electric mixer until frothy and doubled in size. Gradually, beat in the caster sugar until the mixture becomes shiny and thick. Beat the vanilla extract, vinegar, and corn flour.
- Spoon the batter into the lined pan. Place in the oven and bake for 30 minutes, or until the meringue top becomes firm.
- Remove it from the oven and cover with a damp paper (it has to be greaseproof!), and let sit covered for 10 minutes. Take another piece of greaseproof paper and sprinkle it with some icing sugar. Remove the damp paper and then turn the meringue out on the sugar-sprinkled paper. Spread the yogurt over. Top with passion fruit and mango. With the help of the paper, roll up the roulade.
- Slice and serve drizzled with raspberry sauce. Enjoy!
Nutrition per Serving:
- Calories – 223
- Total Fat – 4 g
Saturated Fat – 1 g
- Total Carbohydrate – 45 g
Fiber – 2 g
Sugars – 33 g
- Protein – 5 g